There are many reasons for developing various physical diseases and mental disorders. However, one individual exposed to these factors might not develop it, even if the other individual would. For that matter, it’s important for individuals to be aware of several risk factors. Moreover, since this is a condition that pregnant women could develop too, it’s important for individuals to be aware of. With that said, there are many things that you should also be aware of. Moreover, the researches in this area continue to study this condition to reveal other significant information.
With that said, are you aware whether or not you’re at risk of developing it? Depending on the type of diabetes, some of these risks may differ. However, it would be important to be aware of it and also the treatment options available for individuals. Moreover, there are many who suffer from this condition but do not have the option of seeking medical attention. Knowing these details, would be useful for those involved in voluntary work too:
- Risk Factors
- Of the many, genetic factors are linked to developing this disease. Therefore, if both or a parent is diabetic, there’s a tendency for the children to develop it.
- Moreover, there are other medical conditions that might be comorbid with this illness.
- On the other hand, pregnant mothers with gestational type diabetes have a risk of giving birth to a child with diabetes.
- If an individual has received a diagnosis with pre-diabetes has a high risk factor for both type 1 and 2.
- Furthermore, there’s evidence of individuals being at risk, if he or she has been diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder such as depression, schizophrenia, etc.
- Treatment options
- Medication is one of the components that are directed to individuals with this condition. While Type-1 is controlled through insulin, the type-2 is controlled through many others.
- Following a diet plan developed to fit an individual’s diagnosis is another treatment option that is included.
- On the other hand, there are physical exercises and weight maintaining plans too. Furthermore, the patient received education regarding this disease and what needs to be done, in an emergency.
Depending on the aforementioned information, you would be able to research further on this topic. With that said, there are many things that you need to do. However, you could direct individuals to meet a specialist, if you are aware of family member or friend with these factors. With that said, save a life from this debilitating disease.